Saturday, December 4, 2010

Summer Reading List

I won't be having much time off over summer, but making a summer reading list makes it feel a little more like a holiday. I'm trying to be good and chip away at the huge number of books I've bought but not yet read, so this list is put together more with a view to clearing shelves than to creating a cohesive reading program. But it's the holidays, so who really wants to worry about "cohesion" anyway?


From the overflowing shelves:
  • The Passage - Justin Cronin
  • Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays - Zadie Smith
  • Perdido Street Station - China Miéville
  • Citrus County - John Brandon
  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
  • Boneshaker - Cherie Priest
A few things I want to add to the collection over the holidays:
  • Freedom - Jonathan Franzen
  • Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  • Endangered Pleasures - Barbara Holland
Finally, a bit of re-reading:
  • The Beach - Alex Garland (I loved this book as a teenager and I'm intrigued to find out if it is still my cup of tea)
I'm sure I'll receive a book or two for Christmas or stumble upon other things I'd like to read so I will allow myself a small amount of diverting from the list, but I'd like to stick to the plan as much as possible. Internet, hold me to it!

No comments: